GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN — Summer 2023
(0–2 years of experience)
Location: Virtual / Remote
Specialties: Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Social Media
Eighty2degrees is seeking a full-time virtual Graphic Design Intern for Summer 2023 to join our impact-driven design team.
This internship will provide valuable real-world experience in print and web design. This is an opportunity to work remotely with supportive people in a unique, professional, challenging, and fun environment. You should be ready to contribute fresh ideas and collaborate with others, and respond well to constructive feedback.
Founded on values of respect, collaboration, authenticity, excellence, and love, our mission is to help create positive change in the world through thoughtful and purposeful design. We are a woman and minority-owned studio that offers creative and strategic support to local, national, and global organizations striving to make positive social impacts in the world.
- Assist with creating visually-compelling concepts and executing layouts for print and digital collateral, including long-form publications/reports, websites, signage, presentation templates, infographics, and social media graphics.
- Actively participate in client and staff meetings.
- Contribute positively to the team. Be an active member of our collaborative, respectful, and supportive culture.
- Be dedicated to making excellent work in a timely manner. Have a sense of curiosity and a willingness to learn and grow, and ask questions (you’re not expected to know it all).
- Rising seniors or recent graduates with a BFA in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or a related field.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience and understanding of design principles.
- Genuine interest in, and passion for, socially impactful design.
- Fluency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is required.
- Experience in UI/UX design and motion graphics/animation is a plus.
- Self-motivated, efficient, and flexible. Willing to assist with quick turnaround projects and meet deadlines.
Your talent and ideas will be valued, and brought to the table. Internal critique is a constant in our studio. We always strive to learn from each other and produce the best work possible. We’ll provide a nurturing environment, lots of real-world experience, and a fair internship pay rate ($18-$20/hr).
To apply, please direct an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, resume, and a link to both your portfolio and LinkedIn profile.
Eighty2degrees values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Eighty2degrees is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. We believe people thrive when the diversity and uniqueness of all people and all (non violent) ideas are respected, encouraged, and honored.