Eighty2degrees, a social impact design and branding studio that partners mainly with non-profit clients, is hiring a Graphic Designer to join our team of creatives. We are a minority, women-led studio that provides creative support to local, national, and global organizations striving to create a more equitable and just world. Our culture is one where our personal life values and professional goals align and where “work” is something we truly care about and have fun doing.
If youʼre passionate about creating social impact, treating our clients as partners, and fostering close-knit relationships with the studioʼs staﬀ, clients, and other collaborators, weʼd love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE POSITION
This full-time Graphic Designer position will be based in Washington, DC where we currently enjoy a hybrid work environment, working some days at the oﬀice and some days from home (though youʼre welcome to use the oﬀice downtown every day if you wish). Weʼre looking for a hard-working, impact-driven Graphic Designer with solid publication and digital experience to work alongside the rest of our creative team in all aspects of our work. With your background in design, meticulous attention to detail, and dedication to helping our clients create meaningful impact through our collaborative work, youʼll have plenty of opportunities as we grow our small but mighty creative studio.
- Create visually-compelling concepts and layouts for print and digital collateral, including long-form publications, brochures, presentations, and infographics.
- Help brainstorm and conceptualize strategic marketing campaigns. Support the design of campaign material such as print and digital ads, marketing emails, promotional collateral, and social media graphics.
- Contribute to brand identity projects, and help create modern, unique visual identities for social impact organizations with multifaceted missions and diverse audiences. Specific tasks in this area include, but are not limited to stakeholder research/synthesis, logo design, brand system design, and brand implementation across organizational collateral.
- Think critically about project objectives. Always take stakeholder feedback into consideration when coming up with design solutions.
- Contribute positively to the team and strive for excellence in yourself and the team — help us build a respectful and supportive culture. Mentor junior designers to help them grow and realize their potential.
- Be dedicated to making excellent work. Have a sense of curiosity and a willingness to learn and grow, while also maintaining well-organized files throughout the design process.
- Work eﬀiciently and eﬀectively with colleagues and clients to complete projects on time and within the allocated budget. Proactively communicate any concerns or challenges with the studioʼs project manager and/or principals.
Your talent and ideas will be valued, and brought to the table. Internal critique is a constant in our studio. Weʼre always striving to learn from each other and to produce the best work possible. We provide a nurturing environment, along with a competitive salary ($52,000 to $62,000), and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 12 Paid Holidays per year + week oﬀ between Christmas and New Yearʼs Day
- 12 Days of Paid Vacation per year + 6 Days of Paid Personal Days per year
- DC Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- $1,000 Annual Professional Development Stipend / Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (company matched up to 4%)
A relocation stipend is also available, for those applying from outside the DC Metro area.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and links to both your portfolio as well as your LinkedIn profile to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eighty2degrees values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Eighty2degrees is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. We believe people thrive when the diversity and uniqueness of all people and all (non-violent) ideas are respected, encouraged, and honored.